There’s no secret that the wealthy love to do everything up big and extravagant when it comes to designing their mansion homes. They always seem to have the best taste, the most elaborate designs, and the biggest budgets to create the best in every room.
One of the most popular rooms in a mansion where the elite love to spend money, is in the kitchen. It is, after all, the hub of the home and where all the gatherings happen, from mealtimes, to visiting with friends and family, and this is why it not only needs to look beautiful, but have the very best, and most innovative design features and appliances.
Luxury kitchens are known to have very large kitchens. They are typically loaded with the highest quality elements and features, and you might be surprised to find out what some of these entail.
Most common designs of mansion kitchens
In a recent research it was determined that there are three main types of style designs found in mansion kitchens. They are:
- Traditional – 26%
- Contemporary – 24%
- Transitional – 18%
Common features found in a luxury mansion kitchen
If you have ever wanted to upgrade your kitchen to look more luxurious and have some of the elements that you would find in the kitchen of an upscale home, here are things you might want to consider upgrading to help accomplish the look, because the following features are all very commonly seen in mansion kitchens.
- Custom made cabinetry. Of course they need to be ceiling height cabinets to give your kitchen added vertical, visual square footage, and a sense of luxury.
- Granite or marble counter tops. This is a definite sign of luxury and will not only be more functional, but it will add instant value to your home.
- Hardwood or tile flooring. If you look at most mansion kitchens, you will probably see more hardwood in kitchens than tile, however, tile is still used and it is often beautifully designed tiles, and many times, porcelain. Hardwoods give a kitchen a very rich, homey feel, and they can add a sense of warmth to a large over-sized kitchen where floor space needs warming. Beautiful throw rugs can be added to add an extra element of warm and cozy, and help to tie in a decor theme.
- Tile back-splashes. Most mansion kitchens display beautiful back-splashes behind sinks, stoves and other walls where water or cooking splatter could be an issue. It is classy, chic, and it compliments everything in the room, from the cabinetry, counters, appliances, flooring and design pieces.
- Stainless steel appliances. Yes, it is hard to imagine a mansion kitchen without stainless steel. It is the most commonly used finish to all the appliances, from stoves, ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, even wine coolers, dishwashers and more. If it is a functional piece for cooking and cleaning in the kitchen, it’s got to be top-of-the-line stainless.
- Custom lighting. You will find some of the most unique lighting features in a mansion kitchen. Gorgeous chandeliers over a beautiful dinette, drop down pendant lights over a bar, and recessed lighting are commonly seen in these luxurious kitchens. Wall sconces are also great ways to add ambiance and added lighting in areas where there may be darker areas.
- Kitchen Island. These are a must-have and you will see them in all the most expensive homes. These islands serve many purposes and with the space these kitchens have, they would almost look too big and barren without a beautiful island in the center. Some will have many different features, from sinks, to garbage compactors loads of storage, food preparing areas, stoves and more. They are functional and beautiful, and you will find the most unique styles of islands in these luxurious kitchens.
- Glass cupboards. This may not seem like a real big deal, but when it comes to cabinetry, there is just something about a glass-faced cabinet where are the beautiful dish pieces sit and are on display. It looks rich, charming, and elegant, and many mansion kitchens include at least a few of these to feature their most beautiful kitchen pieces.
- Large refrigerators and stoves. You know the elite love to entertain, so of course they are going to need plenty of space for food storage, which means, large, double-door stainless steel refrigerators are the most common. There are so many to choose from today, and I am sure that many go above and beyond the average refrigerator, and add all the upgraded features to make life more convenient, such as, see-through doors, refrigerators that tell you what’s inside and much more. The same goes for double ovens and other appliances. They are always restaurant quality and top-of-the-line.
If you have ever wondered what kitchens look like inside mansions, here are 20 pictures of unbelievable mansion kitchens for you to look at and inspire you. Take a look.
Image via www.trulia.com
Image via www.pinterest.ca
Image via www.tematy.ca
Image via www.homesofterich.net
Image via www.traditionalhome.com
Image via www.tematy.info
Image via www.pinterest.co.uk
Image via www.mansiongeorgetowncom
Image via www.alyssachia.com
Image via www.luxury-archtitecture.net
Image via www.tematy.info
Image via www.paulmullins.wordpress.com
Image via wwws.beachhotel-sharjah.com
Image via www.fox13now.com
Image via www.currb.com
Image via www.myfancyhouse.com
Image via www.croatianwine.org
Image via www.platinumsolutions.com
Image via www.viendoraglass.com
Image via www.trickedoutmansions.com
You can also read:
- The Top 20 Celebrity Kitchens in The United States
- 20 Orange Kitchens That Will Blow you Away
- 20 Beautiful Kitchens With High Ceilings
- 20 Photos of Beyonce and Jay Z’s $88 Million Bel Air Mansion
- 20 Stunning Mediterranean Mansions