Every homeowner is usually at the risk of a mushroom growing in their bathroom. If there’s high heat, moisture, and low lighting provided, these provide good growing conditions for mushrooms. The mushroom can flourish in bathroom floors, walls or even the ceiling and most particularly on areas which collect moisture. If a mushroom grows in your bathroom, then it can become a very large concern. Making it worse, if mold can grow into moisture-prone areas, it means that fungus can grow right inside your home.
Mushrooms themselves are not likely to bring any serious health issues to people. However, if a poisonous mushroom grows into your house, then there could be trouble. Even though the majority of mushrooms that grow are harmless, it is important for you to find ways to stop mushroom growth in its tracks. Whenever you have mushrooms growing in your bathroom, this means that there is the potential harm of mold or mildew in your bathroom. This can be harmful by supporting the growth of the black mold which creates a whole other slew of problems.
How to remove a mushroom from your bathroom
There are several methods that are effective and efficient for you to ensure that you eliminate any kind of mushroom from your bathroom.
- 1. Use Rubber Gloves – The number one method that you can use is to use rubber gloves and get them out whenever they are sprouting. It is also advised that you avoid using your bare hands as mold and fungus are toxic. If you aren’t using any cleaner, it is important for you to ensure that you spray the affected areas and let it rest for around 30 minutes.
- 2. Use a brush – You can also clean using a brush to do away with the mold and mildew. There are also good disinfectants that can be used whenever you are eliminating mushrooms . If the mushroom is growing in your bathroom, it means that there is a bigger problem. One of these problems may be that you have rotten wood in your bathroom.
- 3. Refurbish – You may be required to refurbish the bathroom and put in new wood to avoid the growth of the mushroom. One reason why the mound in the bathroom grows is because of water damage in your walls.
- 4. Ventilation – A ventilation fan is a great thing that you can get for your bathroom. This allows moisture to go out of the bathroom. It is important for you to check any leaks in your bathroom. This may include the tabs and also the toilet bowl.
- 5. Repair leaking areas – Getting the leaking areas repaired can be a great way to do away with great damage. If there are any dump Towers in your bathroom, it is important for you to pick them up and dry them in the Sun. Damp towels can cause mildew and mold to form in your bathroom. Ensuring that you clean your bathroom consistently is an important way to do away with Mushroom
- 6. Cleaning the bathroom – Whether the Mushroom is growing in your bathroom or not, you may be required to ensure that you persistently clean your bathroom. Disinfecting your bathroom services with a mixture of bleach and water may be a great thing that you may be required to do. After applying this mixture, you can leave it for about 15 minutes in order for it to absorb. You may be required to later clean the surfaces with water, and then I’ll allow it to dry. This way, you can be sure that it will be possible for you to do away with any mushroom growing in your bathroom.
- 7. Use a fungicide – Ensuring that mushrooms do not grow in your bathroom again, it is important for you to use a fungicide. This is only used after removing the mushrooms themselves and thoroughly cleaning the area. Creating proper ventilation can be an important way to keep humidity at a low level and prevent future incidents.
When all this is done, you can be sure that you will eliminate the risk of potential illness. If you have young children, the only way to protect their health is to ensure that every mushroom that sprouts in the bathroom is done away with as soon as possible. If your bathroom walls are made of tiles, it is important for you to identify a pH neutral tile cleaner and fungicide that is capable of killing the mushroom. You may be required to have sealed tiles as well.