There’s nothing like cooling off in a beautiful swimming pool on the hot days of summer. It’s not only refreshing, but it’s good exercise and can help with many different medical conditions. Swimming pools can also increase the value of your home, especially if they are well-kept and appealing.
Not all homes have the availability to install an in-ground pool, whether it’s due to the type of property they have, and of course your budget will play a role in what type of pool you can put on your property as well.
Above ground pools are a great option for those who don’t have the right property layout for an in-ground, and many above ground swimming pools can be less costly and be a better fit for smaller budgets.
If you ware wanting to install a luxurious above ground pool in your yard, here are some of the benefits of installing an above ground pool, as well as a few things you’ll want to consider before purchasing one.
- Above ground pools are cheaper than in-ground
- You don’t have to have a lot of property to own one
- They’re easier to maintain
- They require less water, mechanical parts, and chemicals
- They’re easy to install
- You can create a luxurious looking pool depending on space, materials needed, and budget
Luxurious above-ground pool ideas
While in-ground pools can be easier to design beautiful surroundings and landscape around due to the fact that the pool is ground level, from beautiful pool decks to luscious landscape, waterfalls, and other aesthetically appealing ideas, you can still be creative with an above-ground pool and make the pool a stunning and breathtaking scene in your yard.
- Create the illusion of an in-ground pool – Depending on the layout of your property, above-ground pools can be set on a lower level of ground so it appears it is an in-ground pool. Wrapping the pool in a wood decking material is a popular way to give your pool a spa-like look and is aesthetically pleasing compared to the basic look of the steel or resin structure. Setting your pool at a lower grade and building the land up around the pool can give the illusion that the pool is in-ground, disguising the structure and giving you options for landscaping around it.
- Landscape – Whether a pool is in-ground or above, having your pool beautifully landscaped will add to its appeal. Add lush greenery, stunning stone work, flowers, and other landscape elements to make your pool the focal point of your backyard.
- Lighting – Lighting is a key element inside the home, as well as out, especially when you have a pool. By adding different types of lighting, you will not only increase the safety of your pool area, but by mixing types of lighting, you can create a variety of poolside moods, including ground lighting, hanging lights, and warm glowing lights for those romantic night swims.
- Pool furniture – If you love the feeling of being at the spa, set your pool deck up with spa-like pool furniture that’s not only stylish, but comfortable to lounge in all day long.
Make your above-ground pool even more luxurious by adding accessories to your pool; a hand ladder, a slide, or create a beautiful waterfall that playfully falls into one end of the pool. There are countless ways you can create a fun, and luxurious pool for the whole family.
For above-ground pool inspiration, here are 20 luxurious above ground pool designs for you to view.
You can also read:
- The 20 Best Hotel Pools in the World
- 20 Amazing Pools It’s Hard to Believe are Public
- 20 Gorgeous Pool Designs with Alternative Finishes
- 10 of the Most Daring and Dangerous Swimming Pools in the World